Wednesday 12 June 2013

Why I Draw Eyes

There's a very good explanation to why I only ever seem to draw eyes, as I mentioned in my first post, but if you didn't see it, it is this. When I first decided I wanted to be able to draw - a few years back - I found a website that taught people how to draw anime. The website, which I've managed to find again, is called Manga University.

It teaches people how to draw anime characters, the Japanese language and even how to cook Japanese food! Though the drawing lessons were free when I found it a few years ago, there are now only a select number of free tutorials, so any plans I had of returning to this website have been destroyed. I'm trying to learn how to draw for FREE so that anyone else could do it too.

Anyway, here's the 4 pages worth of eyes that I began and ended my first attempt at drawing with. Let's hope I do better this time!


My favourite is the 2nd eye in 'Trapezoid'.

 

I hate how this guy looks from the side, but that's what tutorial said to do. Honest!


More damn eyes.


I guess I was told to draw half a woman's face... I don't remember why.


It's like they're all looking at each other. CRAZY.


I like the sleepy eye here, but I hate that guy. Could he be more smug?


Bottom left eyes are my favourite here. The rest don't have much detail.


I personally don't see that much difference between them, but they know best!


I like the top-right eyes here. They're some cool eyes.


And here is the last thing I drew before I gave up on trying to learn!
Shame that you kind of want to punch the person in the face.

Starting tomorrow I will be uploading new drawings as I start my long, painful and probably embarrassing journey to learn to draw. Stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment